火曜日, 6月 6

Sports day...HOORAY!

For the second year running, I attended Minami Elementary School's Sports Day (南小学校の運動会). Besides watching all the kids run their hearts out, the day was filled with lots of cheering, a couple traditional dances, some random relays, and (I think the best part) the special bento lunch. Granted I didn't take as many pictures as I would have wished...maybe you can enjoy a few moments. Having laryngitis over the past few days diminished my abilities to participate much (not that I would be expected to under normal conditions), BUT I did get out there and do a relay with my 4th grade class teacher and one of the dances with the kids where we hold origami flowers. And a newly discovered favorite...lychee (or lichi, a type of fruit from a Chinese tree) throat lozenges...I wish I could tell the old man who gave them to me how much I love them! I will have to stock up for my trip home!
(This guy had the right idea on his back even though he wasn't out there running.)
(Two of my favorite 4th graders...so sweet!)

0 件のコメント: