日曜日, 1月 1

Fading faces


Main Street, McPherson, Kansas

It's strange being back in my hometown. Faces drift past me in the store...and I think, "I know them. Or do I?" My mom introduces me to a long time family friend, "I haven't seen you since you were this high (as she holds her hand to her waist)." "What are you doing now?" .... "Japan!! Oh that must be different." Etc, etc. Everyone is that much older, that much more dug into their life, that much more distant to my memories. It can be remotely sad to see how life moves on from your memories, but I also feel an underlying gratefulness to HAVE those memories. So here are just a FEW of those fading faces and memories that mean so much to me and my life!!!


Did I mention my Christmas present?? An orange Chevy truck!!!
Ok, ok...but I at least got the picture of this beauty.



Pickin' out frames with mi mama...well for her, not for me!! Neither of these made the cut, but I'll post the real deal some other time.



Being silly with my gurl Althea...I'm sure you'd love to know what I'm pointing at???





My cousin Angie's and husband Joe's children waiting at the door with all their toy babies in tow for us to meet as well...so adorable!! Emma and Amelia...just babies last time I saw 'em...amazing!!



A commonly seen house in the historic part of town. I forgot how precious these views are...big porch, bigger yard, tall oaks and maples, Victorian styling...que lindo!
The old United Church of Christ. Wood, organ, the US flag, light filtering in through the stained-glass windows...tradition.

So many things do fade in my life, but new brilliant things always show the old in a new light!! The new year is so full of miracles and surprises, blessings, hopes, disappointments, joys, sadnesses but most importantly learning wisdom to find understanding in them all!!
I just finished another reading of "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, 1813. This quote caught my eye...."I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun." She is speaking on love, but I am thinking on life and love...there really isn't a difference for some ^_^!!

Happy New Year and may God reflect on you all with His mercy and grace.

2 件のコメント:

Laurie Elliot さんのコメント...

Such familiar feelings! I've just been back to my Connecticut hometown - a long way from Kansas! - and that's what it was like... lives moved on, but such good memories, the BIG BEAUTIFUL buildings and yards.

And I love that quotation from Jane Austen. She's so quotable! (Is that a word?)

swirlogirl さんのコメント...

your pictures are always so funny and cute! that truck is hot. there's always next christmas teehee