土曜日, 1月 7

ようこそ 日本 (Welcome to Japan!)

I have flown. Flown for work, play, work, and some more play, oh and work too!! As I was traveling back to Japan this time, I was recollecting some of my more interesting seatmates and incidences. There was the chap from Australia (twice), the psychic, the Philipinian with 3 maids and a driver, many men in business suits, the nanny from S. America, the scientist studying the bird flu disease, the missionary from SE Asia, the college student, the people that wanted to talk and I only wanted to sleep and probably the reverse too ^_^....

The incidences and people could go on forever...but one in particular that I chuckled about was the prim and self-absorbed lady that I sat by on a flight back from NewYork to Chicago. I was wearing my headphones and she huffed and puffed for a bit while looking over at me. I was thinking "What's her problem?" So I closed my eyes and tried to rest. Well, not long after she taps me, "Miss, could you please turn down your music?" I was a bit annoyed as my music wasn't in the least loud to my own ears but I said, "Sure." I got some more huffing and puffing for quite some time and even a few dirty looks. She once again taps me and proceeds to rant about my music. I pulled my headphones off and in whatever you can imagine a most angry Sarah voice to be, told her "It's NOT my headphones, it's the PLANE!!!" As soon as she realized she couldn't hear any music from my headphones, she was quite embarrassed. It was quite a while before she decided or had the nerve to apologize. I was surprised she did...and she went onto explain that she had some rowdy neighbors at home...and so her wits are basically fried when it comes to loud music. I can't say I was too warm and fuzzy to her in conversation afterwards, but I think we've all felt that embarrassed feeling on making an explanation that was completely in error or assuming too much. I actually have that feeling quite often hahaha!! Or at least the times I do, I never forget because I always learn from them and hope to be more wise and less ignorant in the future.

Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. ~Proverbs 12:18

And now that I'm home or home as in here....Japan welcomes me to winter with some whiteness and shivers that will never be equaled in any other place I live. The loud speaker is saying what I imagine to be "Sorry about the snow, but that is just the way it is." And I am now back to my own warm and cozy heated rug with a miniature dachshunds pattern...believe me it's not my style but style versus warmth...hmmm, I can now say I'll go with the latter any old day.

0 件のコメント: