水曜日, 1月 11

This 'n' that...

I get really excited when I get to kick the frozen snow build-up off of my tire guards...I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad????? ^_^ But it definitely marks the highlight of my driving experience.

I brought my ちゅうがっこう "chuugakkou" (junior high school) teachers some good old fashioned Chase's Cherry Mash candy for the traditional little token or gift that is given after visiting someplace on vacation or on business. It's called "omiyage" おみやげ and it's a large part of Japanese custom or maybe it just lets everyone in the office smile at you for once?? If you haven't had a Cherry Mash, you'd better run out and get yourself one before you die of curiosity...they are my mom's favorite treat, so I was excited to share them with my co-workers. It's always interesting for me to watch 'em taste something for the first time...didn't really get a reading except the Cherry Mash is maybe way too sweet...as a couple teachers ran to the drink area for some tea to wash it down. But I was disappointed to find one in the discarded omiyage dish in the cupboard...I'm gonna sneak over there one of these days and give it the respect it deserves...to eat it!!! I guess it went over a bit better than the cacahuete candy I brought back from Mexico...and then there was the unknowingly illegal buffalo sticks another time...oh well, live and learn and LAUGH!!!!

6 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Mi querida,
How could they not like a cherry mash! What a cultural divide! I wonder if they would like Butterfingers? or Baby Ruths? or Mints? What should I bring when I come to visit? Any suggestions from anyone out there?
la Mamá

Sarah Lizzy Beth さんのコメント...

That's what I ask!!! How could they not like the Mash??

Steph Calvert さんのコメント...

i like the monster mash myself... i've never had cherry mash, though! where can i find it, i wonder? is there someplace online?

Sarah Lizzy Beth さんのコメント...

maybe i can send ya one next time i'm in the States!! but if ya can't wait that long...by all means search one out yourself!! ^_^

swirlogirl さんのコメント...

i have to find this stuff too!

Sarah Lizzy Beth さんのコメント...

well it's made in the good old Midwest, Missouri. It's surprising...with choc. coating including some little chopped nuts. Inside is a pepto pink creamy cherry filling. Yeah, just one of those things ya gotta try ^_^!! And love or hate or if you're like my mom, devore. hahaha