月曜日, 1月 23

三沢 (Misawa)

The first time I went to Misawa was over 1 1/2 years ago. I always remembered the kanji name because of the slants meaning "3" (mitsu) and I always thought the other kanji looked like crawdads....not that this is relevant to anything but I guess that's how my brain works hahaha. The day I went there I attended the yearly AirShow. It was a drab and overcast day. So overcast in fact that the actual airshow was pretty much cancelled. But that didn't stop the Japanese and foreigners alike from parading up and down the runways in search of food, fun, and more food.

Since then, I now have other reasons for making the journey across Aomori to see my friends!!! And I can now say that there is nothing drab about the Misawa sky....And could there be jealousy in my voice when I say there is no comparison to the amounts of snowfall between the west and the east sides of the state!! This became all the more apparent after traveling home late on Sunday. The trains were running late because of having to plow through the snow and the general fact of having to wade through 2 feet of fresh snow on my walk home somewhat tainted my spirits. But here's a few pics of my weekend away!!! There was brunching at Mike's, devotions and general chillin' at Drea and Patrick's, and a small get together at the off-base Hospitality House.

1 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Mi querida,
What's the deal! I left a comment on this entry two days ago! So here is another one.....
That mound of snow on the car looks like a ski slope! You could put a little guy with skis at the top, on out-of-bound flags on the sides, and a ski resort at the bottom. I never saw such a high smooth pile of snow on a car! Surprising the roof doesn't cave in!
Love, Mom