金曜日, 1月 27

My door?


"Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in." (Psalm 24:7)

This verse hit me hard out this week....to realize I was making a door to God...only letting Him into certain areas of my life, thoughts, actions. Not only to God, but to my friends and my ownself. What kinda door???...and why?? Only God knows the thoughts of my heart and the reasoning behind my own doors; but perhaps we all have similar doors we put up between ourselves and God, family, or friends in our lives...What is your gate like???





Do you look through it from the darkness to see the light?









Are there distractions that lead you off your path?









Is it hidden behind a mysterious curtain?












Do you post a note or give a knock without waiting to hear an answer?









Do all the doors seem closed?











Is it only found behind lock and key?









Are there too many choices and does the path seem too long?












Is it fortified like Tolsky's?








Is it wide open and exposed?










Is it dilapidated but surrounded by awe-inspiring beauty?




Do we need a door...when God shows us His magnificence and love in everything??

Well I guess I still have a door after all...I am who I am. All the doors above are a part of me, but this is how I envision my own gate as it creaks and swings from side to side more and more to hear, see, and listen to my God...and He is so good to me. And by the plant that is blooming there, I hope it will one day invite you all to know and grow in God's glory by letting your own door be opened to Him and as your friend to invite you into my life more!

(All pictures compliments of my lovely trip to Mexico, 2005.)

3 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

That was beautiful and thought provoking. Thank you Sarah!!

~Autumn

匿名 さんのコメント...

Mi inspiración............
This very definitely needs to be made into a book! Makes me think about the doors I could go through now and those that are shut now because I didn't go through them when they were open. You are my philosopher!
Love, Mom

匿名 さんのコメント...

Sarah, you don't know me...but I'm a student of your mother's. Thank you so much for those inspirational words. I really needed that this week. Keep love alive and keep on keepin' on.
Mona Hale