月曜日, 11月 21

A bit of hatto chocolato

There is something about sitting in my lackluster, warm room with a cup of hot chocolate...this isn't any ol' cup of cocoa either...it's Japanese Black Soybean Cocoa...said to give you good health (or something like that right on the package). It has a nice smooth taste that is bitter and sweet at the same time, but it may seem a little bland to those over-sugared American types. But plainy and simply I like it, especially the lil' black speckles that are kinda grainy when you get to the bottom of the cup...it reminds me of all the times I overdid it with the coffee grinds but drank the cup of joe anyways.

But hatto chocolato isn't the cure for all unfortunately. I've been feelin' a heavy burden for one of my recently-met friends here. How do ya pull someone outta their depression if they have no hope?? They are reaching but they can't quite grasp it...even though it's right there in front of their face, it's in their ear, it's trying to seek out their heart, it's God. "He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony." (John 3:32)

I know what's like to feel like you're living in a jail...a jail of your mind. Yeah, it takes a lotta faith, but slowly with the help and strength in Jesus Cristo I've been able to bend those bars...so far in fact that I became free through Him. Of course, when I look behind I still see a couple bars that are quite stubborn and sometimes I still go take a jab at 'em...but the fact remains that God gave me a new life to see and live. I don't ever hafta return to that jail again...and I won't, except to remember what it's like so I can try to reach out to others who only see the bars and not the other side.

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejets the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him." (John 3:36) I just pray that this friend can see the light and not the darkness of her world. It doesn't hafta be that way I tell her, "I have my own way" she says. Even though her "way" obviously isn't panning out. I pray in fact that maybe someday in the future her way will be the Way...you only need faith, faith as small as a sesame seed and of course a good ol' cup of chocolate won't hurt anything either :) !! "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:7)

3 件のコメント:

swirlogirl さんのコメント...

degrassi is this awesome show on the-n channel. its so rediculous because it's really for tweens/teens, but it's the "next generation" because the show actually started back in the eighties... teaching kids lessons and crap... but i can't even explain it. i just love it wayy too much. haha google it sometime

匿名 さんのコメント...

Mi querida Sarita,
Please bring along some of that hatto chocolato when you come home!
And when it comes to bars, there is not a single person who doesn't have a few. Thank goodness we can be rescued from most of them, and eventually all of them, through Jesus Christ.
Love, Mother

Sarah Lizzy Beth さんのコメント...

Don't worry Mama, I already have your very own chocolate stored away in my bag :)!