日曜日, 11月 27

It's a feast....X 2!!

(Click on images to see bigger ne!)
So the feasting took place....actually 2 nights in a row. Louise, the short-term worker from New Zealand, and I, apron-clad, kept a more or less sassy, happy face as we tried to be of assistance making whatever was handed us. It's not so easy to cook for 30+ people 2 days in a row and I had much less responsibility than the hosts...so many awesome people helping out and chipping in. I can't say I did anything too wonderful except to offer my help in the form of picking turkey bones, stirring gravy, cutting apples for pies, and washing a non-stop pile of dishes, etc, etc. The normal thanksgiving prep. We went through 14 pies, 4 turkeys, and who knows how many peeled potatoes. One great blessing for the weekend (besides an overly full tumtum and plently of pumpkin pie and turkey) was I was totally excited to FINALLY learn the art of making bread!!! So can't wait to crank out some special cinnamon rolls and walnut/oat bread when I get home!! Although be warned for those of you who will partake in my bread-making skills....it will also entail a run on the treadmill afterwards. My silent but brightest moment of the day came during the Japanese children's Sunday school this morning. I was holding little Hikari (whose name means "light" in Japanese), she is just over one years old. I put her little hands together when we were praying and at the end of the prayer she said in a sweet, clear, and all-knowing voice "amen". I couldn't believe it...kids are so full of thoughts that we can't even see or understand!! Then she proceeded to fall asleep in my arms for just under an hour...there is nothing better than holding a warm, cozy baby who is soft as a peach and has cheeks like mochi! Ciao...hasta mañana!

3 件のコメント:

AmyMarie さんのコメント...

Cool blog! Just thought I'd say hello. (Drea's friend, just in case you forgot) :) -AM

匿名 さんのコメント...

Mi querida,
Those rolls on the plate look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I am so looking forward to seeing what you will do for me in the kitchen with the bread thing! And the pies are BEAUTIFUL! And, yes, a baby falling asleep in your arms is just about as good as it gets!
Love, Mother

swirlogirl さんのコメント...

goodness gracious that's a lot of food. deeeelicious. yay for thanksgiving!