木曜日, 12月 8

Lunch mishap

How do you eat a kiwi w/ chopsticks?

I was so excited for lunch today after a rather exhausting three 1st grade classes right in a row. My time of peace and refreshment (a.k.a. lunch) usually happens while sitting in my car as I travel from school to school. The seat was a bit reclined, the sun bright and cheery shining in the window and warming my face, and the book I had been reading was almost finished...I opened my lunch sack...and low and behold, my only eating utensil was chopsticks!! Needless to say this didn't bode so well for the kiwi I attempted to eat....and I wasn't feelin' up to the traditional N.Zealand way of eating it skin and all...but messy and green using chopsticks and fingers, I enjoyed it all the more!

2 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Mi querida, you could have stuck the kiwi on the two sticks held together to make one strong lollipop stick and then chewed the skin off, spitting it out the window of you car, leaving you with a juicy skinless kiwi! Did you have napkins?
Love, Mom

Sarah Lizzy Beth さんのコメント...

sounds just like roasting a hotdog over the fire...and yes, i did have napkins...or kleenex, as they don't really use napkins in japan!