日曜日, 12月 11

Weekends and the Week begins


I'm beginning to think the term..."weekend" is really just a jazzy way to say that the best part of the week is beginning!! Friday started off on a bit of a low note for me...I found out my best friend was sick, I wasn't feeling up to my day of teaching, and well it was just one of those mornings contemplating.... But on the way to work, I just kept praying and trying to get my Spirit up with music and God's fellowship. So here is it begins: My 3rd graders made me French Toast for a special English cooking lesson. It totally brightened my day...even the very soggy egg toast that could have used a few more minutes on the pan. (Note to the hygenists...a little raw egg never killed me as a kid!!)



I was able to spend that evening singing Christmas carols and having dinner at the Elliots...which since I spent the whole last Christmas season with them, it was very special for me. They are easily my family away from home. (And Anglea, a missionary from Germany, is in the picture.)

After battling the shower slots on Sat. morning with the 10ish Aussies that I'm currently sharing "my space" with hahaha (I'm so selfish!!)...it was off to Misawa to see the crew!! It's always such a refreshing trip for me...uplifting, connecting, reflecting. Spent Sat. chillin' with the Conlans...of which Drea and Ellie were recovering from being sick, so it was all relax watching Breakfast at Tiffany's, devotions, Ellie's teething struggles and new pink kitchen, and our lack of movement, we had a good day on the couch pretty much. ^_^

Then Sunday morning...off to a slow start...we headed over to make tamales for a traditional Christmas celebration done Mexican style (Mamà, I know you're gonna be so excited!!). Watch out, those Mexicans are feisty about their secret family tamale standards. Heard varying degrees of chili powder this, wrap like this, etc,etc from both Drea and Mike...but ultimately I had an awesome first tamale making experience and we ended up with some super tasty tamales, even with the gringos involved ^_^!! There was also of course guacamole, frijoles, arroz y polvorones to top it off...and a bit of Abuelita at the end. Check out my friends' blogs on the full out... Mike, who hosted the Christmas special, and Matt!

And who couldn't love sweet, lil' adorable Ellie ちゃん....

So life didn't quite get back to normal after the week began on Friday...I guess my mid-week slump was today, Monday!! I had an exciting turn at the stomach flu all thru the night....it's going like wildfire through the winds of Aomori. But it gave me a good opportunity to lay in bed all day and try to rest and recoup, call my parents and talk for endless minutes, miss the homepampering that one gets with a family...but to manage to make my own chicken soup and Sprite remedy, and to refocus my life back to God...so all is well with my soul, even if my body is still in shambles!!

1 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

When you get home, we MUST make tamales! Bring recipes!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, we're making bread, tamales, and what else? We are going to be busy!

Love, Mom